Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pregnancy oops!!!

Okay, this will not be long as I have to get back to bed but I wanted to share with you something that happened. I will update you a little first. Last week I saw the dr and he said that yep, I am officially a gestational diabetic. Nope not good news..... Baby was fine just have to go for NSTs starting next week. Soooo with that being said, now for the best of the worst....

Yesterday right after getting to work, I went back down to the truck in order to move it for a better spot (long story) well as I came around one of the crates, I did not see the board that was sticking out from the side of the crate on the ground and you guessed it, I tripped and fell. Now I can tell you that it replays in my mind as one of those slow motion movies and I could see myself going down and no matter how hard I tried, I could not turn my body to avoid the inevitable face plant. I did land directly on my pregnant belly. I was horrified, scared to say the least. I pulled myself over to my cell and put it back together as it was eating its demise once hitting the pavement. I called for one of the guys I work with and he came very quickly to assist me.

I was taken to the company hospital and waited there for DH to get there. He then drove me to the hospital to be checked out. I was terrified as I had not felt J move since the fall and I couldn't control my fear. I lay in the hospital bed for a few minutes and she started up. She was on it too. I mean that child was practicing for the Olympics. All of this to tell you that J is fine. Heart rate is perfect. No contractions and no dilation. DH and I could not be more grateful to the lord above for this.

I want all of you to know that read and are currently pregnant, that they are not making it up. You really are front heavy and falls come easier to you. Please take care of yourself and please try to avoid the boards. haha.

4 comments:

Cyn said...

Oh my! I'm so glad you are both ok!
Rest up!

I Believe in Miracles said...

That sounds so scary! I'm so glad you are ok. I can't believe how little time you have left. Wow! Time flies...

Melissa said...

Oh.. how scary!!! I am glad you and baby are doing OK!!!

alicia said...

oh no! glad everything is ok, but super scary! I have not fallen yet, but I am trying to be real careful of that!

sucky about the diabetes thing!