Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Baby blues and almost 6 weeks

OMG! my little wonderful, beautiful girl is almost 6 weeks. This is the point to where the crying begins. Yes there have been tears for today and for the days to come, I am sure. You see, I am going to my 6 week check up on Monday at 11:30 which will be followed by a note that will allow me to go back to work. I will then have to go out to the benefits office and turn it in. I will then have to go home and spend my last few hours loving on my baby girl. The next morning will start at 4 with a feeding my wonderful baby and then jump into the shower, followed by getting the hubby up so that we can leave at 5. I better rethink this and get up at 3:30 cause I still have to pack lunches and make the morning coffee. We have to be out of the door by 4:50 and drive 2 miles to MIL and drop off the baby. I will make is quick so that I don't cry over her.

I then have to be work and in the gate by 5:30. I will sit at my desk and think about my baby girl and how she is still sleeping. At 7 my boobs will tell me that she wants to eat. I will not get to pump until after the staff meeting and so I can't pump till 8. I will call MIL after that and so the tears will start again. The first week I will be getting off at 11. I am working my way into this.

I am not looking forward to this at all. I really am crying right now over this. Okay on to the next thing getting to me right now. I am 11 lbs under the weight that I was the day I went into labor. I am proud of this. VERY proud of this. My husband, however has not even noticed. I feel like the most UNsexy woman alive. I don't know how many of you know what I mean but my DH has no interest in romance... you know what I mean. Plus I should say that I am still slightly bleeding so I am not interested in this either but I feel that the kisses are short and quick. I don't know that I can explain this but I just feel neglected. I am jealous of watching DH and his little princess and listening to him tell her how beautiful she is and what am I?, chopped liver. I hope I don't sound stupid but I hoping that someone will understand and tell me how to deal with it. I will talk more about other issues like poor milk supply and taking supplements to help. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Sometimes, I wish I could just keep the tissues around......... lol

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry for your tears!! I can only imagine and I know I'll be the same way! I'll be thinking of you when you go back to work and hoping you can get through the days!
I have no ideas about the husband. Sometimes they just don't think:-) Have you tried talking to him? Maybe just tell him you need to hear those things and it will remind him!!

Cyn said...

I hope today was better than you expected. I'm sure it was tough, but the Princess was probably even sweeter to come home to.
Thinking of you!

Melissa said...

Oh. I'm sorry I missed this post. I hope going back to work went OK for you.. Its SO hard.. SO SO hard. I still hate every day that I work. And everyday I wish to myself that we would win the lotto so I did not have to go ever again.. ((Hugs))

Amanda said...

Hey!! How are you? I hope you and baby Jessica are doing well. My address is 24720 Clancy, Mattawan, MI 49071. But you don't have to send anything! Let us know how you're doing and see some updated pics!! I bet your baby girl is getting so big!! Take care!